Welcome back to your daily lockdown drill brought to you by Bruce…your fave Boxercise instructor!
Attention!! Today’s Drill…“Posture”
It’s normal for us to instinctively guard the resources that are important to us. This may include our food, our toys, our beds, our humans and our territory!
‘Territorial aggression’ is important
First exhibit warning, then perform defensive and offensive behaviors…Your “War Face” is essential at this point!
If the enemy proceeds…Continue barking, Growling, doing your “Short Sprints” up and down the perimeter…
If they move even closer…Charge, bite, gnaw, rip, twist whoever or whatever is invading your territory, until the threat is neutralised!!
This is why the correct posture is vital…Look harmless…Spring with power!
Here are some benefits of good Posture:
- It keeps bones and joints correctly aligned so our muscles are being used properly.
- Stops excessive wearing of joints.
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Prevents the spine fixing in abnormal positions.
- Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing us to use less energy.
- Prevents backache and muscular pain.
- Contributes to a good appearance.
Awareness of your own posture is key, you can even practise in front of the mirror if you like…Practise makes better!
💬 “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” Dwight D Eisenhower
🎶 singalong with me…”Every snack you make, every meal you bake, every bite you take, chocolate or cake, I’ll be watching you.”
🐾 Begin Boxercise class from Day 1 🐾